Student App Centre is built around finding affordable, premium, applications for students. To achieve this goal, developers are the key. We want to celebrate great software and get it into the hands of as many students as possible.
Benefits of joining Student App Centre:
- Discovery - We all know getting people to stop and take a look at your app can be difficult, especially for smaller developers. By joining Student App Centre, your app will introduce to our ever-growing audience of students.
- Lifetime Customers - No one likes change; that is why getting your apps in the hands of students is essential. Once people have found the apps that work for them, they are likely to keep coming back to them through their working lives.
- Social Media Generation - Most students have grown up with social media and are used to sharing things they find with others online. If you can get a few students to start talking about your app online, it can spread quickly.
- Authority - It can sometimes be a struggle to get people to trust a new app, but being surrounded by recognisable names on Student App Centre should help this.
- Growing Market - Student numbers worldwide are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Becoming popular with students now could result in your sales increasing at the same swift pace.
App Page Types:
We aim to be as flexible as possible when accommodating your apps at Student App Centre; this is why we offer developers a choice between two different app listing options. Your options are:
Self-contained app pages:
These are the apps where students can apply for their student discount directly on Student App Centre. We manage both the student verification and the distribution of the student discount, meaning almost no work for you!
This approach to offering a student discount has proven to be the more popular option for students with the average self-contained app page getting 50% more user interaction. We believe students prefer self-contained app page because they are clear, simple, and easy to use.
To offer this service to developers, we would require either a link or coupon code to distribute to students, as well as necessary app information and icons. In exchange for offering this service, we request a link to Student App Centre from your website. This link can merely read 'Student Discount', and be would typically be placed either on your apps purchase page or below its buy button (Placement location is negotiable). The purpose of the link is to ensure students know about the discount before purchasing.
Linked app pages:
These are the apps with either a link or email button which directs students to contact that particular app's developer directly, and then they will handle the discount.
Most of these apps already offered discounts before Student App Centre and therefore already have an infrastructure in place to handle giving out the discounts themselves. We simply help to direct students on where they can find their discount.
At this stage, around 75% of the apps list on Student App Centre have linked app pages.
As a service, we like to offer both types of discounts to ensure students can find the best selection of discounts.
Contact Us about offering a student discount:
Alternatively, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.